Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Snowdrop

This snowdrop is symbolic of Advent - four petals, one for each week, simple against a stark background and so I offer it as the picture today that will help us to prepare for Advent. My own preparation today seems to be trying to clear out things that have accumulated in my room and work on my Christmas cards. That is all the exterior preparation that I am trying to do while also saying "Come, Lord Jesus and let me share your risen joy!" Actually, I mostly say "Thank you for letting me share in your risen joy!" I am finishing my formal gratitude journal this week and find myself going back to the home I lived in with my family from 1941 to 1950 - we moved when I was ten and I entered the Society of the Sacred Heart two weeks after my 19th birthday! During those formative years we lived in a large, three-story home on Westminster Place. I find myself taking time to go back to each room and let the memories surface and find so much to thank for and feel again the love of my parents and the love of Jesus. I also remember the friends who came into my home during those years. I suspect this would be a good exercise for all of us to do from time to time. I especially remember my first Christmas in that lovely home as my brother George was born on Christmas morning.

No comments: