Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2014

If at first you don't succeed...



I wrote a blog for today but it just vanished so I am trying again!
 I think my blog was about following Jesus, "The Way, the Truth, and the Life." Every time I read in the Gospel that Jesus said He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, I remember the book we had for our Christian Doctrine class when I was in High School. It had a blue cover and written in white was the phrase: "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." I do not seem to remember much about the contents of the book, but the cover is a vivid memory. Years later, as a novice, we were asked to write an essay on "What is Truth?" All I could think of was "it's Jesus." I was too shy to write that and remember agonizing over that essay

Besides having several blogs disappear, I want to share with you my joy in this time after Easter. We have many feast coming up soon: the Ascension, Pentecost, the Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ, the Feast of the Sacred Heart and that of the Immaculate Heart which takes us to the 28th of June. On May 25th we will celebrate the Feast of St. Madeleine Sophie, the Foundress of the Society of the Sacred Heart. She is the one who said, "Be simple, be humble, and give joy to others."

No comments: