Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2014

Let the Holy Spirit prioritize your life

Here we are on Friday again and I wonder where the week went - the days seem to fly by and I do need to keep telling myself that a "to be" list is more important than my "to do" one. If it is essential, cannot be put off, it gets done. Some things that are put off seem to lose their importance and even get dropped off the list. I keep in mind what a very wise and holy nun told us when I was a novice: "Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow" - if that sounds like heresy, I must give you the content in which she uttered these words of wisdom. We had asked her how she found time to be in front of Blessed Sacrament in the Chapel so often and she told us that she had learned that some things are essential and others not. She also was the one that told us that charity was to come before any rule.

I am trying to keep my priorities right and it is amazing all that can be done when you let the Holy Spirit prioritize your day!
There is a free App for Centering Prayer and worth having

No comments: