Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

All Hallows' Eve



This is the day we begin to think of those who have died and gone before us. Tomorrow is All Saints. I think I may have shared how present to me were the saints when I was in isolation for so many weeks last year. Sometimes my room seem crowded with them - canonized and non-canonized, I felt their presence around my bed.
I guess I am still asking why I am alive? What does God want from me?

As a child, Halloween was all about getting dressed up in a costume so you were someone else for the party and the trick and treat visits to neighbors. Now, for me, it is a serious preparation for the Feast of All Saints and the month dedicated to those who may not have gone straight to God when they died. I do pray for those souls, but, as there is no time with God, I sometimes get confused with the things that have been said about Purgatory. I do not need to understand speculative theology, but I do believe in praying for all those who have died.  

No comments: