Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Preparing for Sunday



The Gospel for this Sunday is one of my favorites. It is Mark 10 where the blind man knows that Jesus is passing by and begins to cry out, "Son of David, have pity on me." Those around him try to make him keep quiet but he just cries out louder. Jesus stops and then they tell him, "Take courage, get up, Jesus is calling you."

Then Jesus asks this fundamental question that he keeps asking each of us: "What would you have me do for you?" Lord, that I may see. We all need to beg for the faith that cured that blind man. Lord, that we may see what is really important; that we may see how we fool ourselves; that we may see how You are the Way, the Truth, the Life .. . .

I find so much in this Gospel that speaks to me that I thought it good to get you thinking about it before Sunday. We all need to cry our for mercy.

No comments: