Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful...



Today my blog is late1 I was up at 5:00 AM and have done many things, but only now am remembering to post a blog. I want to share a few thoughts from the "Desk of Monsignor Carruthers" - he is the pastor of St. Augustine Church where I usually go to noon Mass and this is also the Catholic Student Center for the University of Miami; sometimes we all go to the 5:30 Liturgy there Saturdays. Monsignor is writing about the Holy Spirit. He reminds us that "It is the Holy Spirit that renews us and opens us again and again to the counsel and wisdom of God the Father. It is the Holy Spirit that deepens our communion with the Son, our Savior, and through Him our communion with each other...It is the Spirit that heals and renews us..."
Later he reminds us that it is the Holy Spirit that comes to us with all his gifts; we are to give a daily "Yes" to the stirrings of the Holy Spirit within us.
I am going to obey the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to work this morning to fight against a law that would allow people to carry unconcealed guns - a friend just sent me the information how I can help to prevent this. I think our lawmakers are crazy when they think that guns can protect us. We have so many senseless shootings right here in Miami because people have guns.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful and kindle in them the fire of Your love. Send forth Your Spirit, and they shall be created and You shall renew the face of the earth. Amen.

No comments: