Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Journal with God





This morning I read that one way to help us to decide something is to journal with God. And then it said that when we wrote about our life and what was happening, we give God the opportunity to be with us and rewrite our life so we are aware and more grateful. Then, according to research, this kind of writing actually lessens anxiety. I almost laughed out loud because a couple of weeks ago I had a doctor's appointment. My blood pressure always seems to go up when my doctor takes it so he had prescribed medicine which I only took for two days as it made me so drowsy; I was back to have my blood pressure checked, but was a bit anxious about telling the doctor that I stopped the medicine. Well, he was running late and I had almost two hours to wait in his office. I only had my journal with me. I began to think of the highlights of the last years since I had written my life and soon I was filling eight pages of my journal before I was called to see the doctor. Lo and behold, when he took my blood pressure it was the lowest I have had in years! Was it the journal writing that did that?

I did journal with God again this morning. I guess I have so much to thank for that it is easy to go back over the day and be grateful, even if I was not aware of the grace given at the time. I reflect back and then thank for all the good things of the day - even for driving safely, or getting a note into the mail on time, etc.

Here is a quote that may help us today:
Your life is a sacred journey. It is about change, growth, discovery, movement and transformation... It is continuously expanding your vision of what is possible, stretching your soul, teaching you to see clearly and deeply, helping you to listen to your intuition.
Janet Erskine Stuart, RSCJ

No comments: