Search This Blog

Thursday, October 5, 2017

From the Daily Decalogue of Pope John XXIII




We continue with this decalogue used in a memorial Mass:
7. Only for Today. I will do at least one thing I do not like doing; if my feelings are hurt, I will make sure no one notices.

8. Only for Today. I will make a plan for myself: I may not follow it to the letter, but I will make it. And I will be on guard against two evils: hastiness and indecision.

9. Only for Today. I will firmly believe, despite appearances, that the good providence of God cares for me as no one else who exists in this world.

10. Only for Today. I will have no fears. In particular, I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful and to believe in goodness. Indeed, for twelve hours I can certainly do what might cause me consternation were I to believe I had to do it all my life.

To conclude: here is an all-embracing resolution: "I want to be kind, today and always, to everyone."

Much to think about today.

No comments: