Going through my files the other day I came upon the Daily Decalogue of Pope John XXIII
1. Only for Today. I will seek to live the livelong day positively without wishing to solve the problems of my life all at once.
2. Only for Today. I will take the greatest care of my appearance: I will dress modestly; I will not raise my voice; I will be courteous in my behavior; I will not criticize anyone; I will not claim to improve or to discipline anyone except myself.
3. Only for Today. I will be happy in the certainty that I was created to be happy, not only in the other world but also in this one.
4. Only for Today. I will adapt to circumstances, without requiring all circumstances to be adapted to my own wishes.
5. Only for Today. I will devote ten minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul.
6. Only for Today. I will do one good deed and not tell anyone about it.
I think the last four I will post tomorrow as there is a great deal to reflect on in the ones I have copied here. I am sorry that I am not able to change the cursor to make the margins work right.