Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Eve of Christmas Eve


This year is quite confusing with such a short Advent. We have the Fourth Sunday of Advent tomorrow (or this afternoon for those who prefer Saturday evening Mass) and then we are having our midnight Mass for Christmas at 4:30 in the afternoon on Sunday. We also have a 11:00 Mass on Christmas morning. I am thinking that today is really the end of Advent as tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I guess that was always such an exciting day when we were children that I still feel some inner excitement and joy as Jesus is coming. 

I leave you this brief reading from the book of Revelation 22:17-20:
"The Spirit and the bride say, 'Come'. Let the hearer say, "Come". Let the one who thirsts come forward and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.
The one who gives this testimony says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

No comments: