Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe


Sixty-seven years ago to today I took the habit and became a novice in the Society of the Sacred Heart. Our Lord had called me and I have never regretted following Him, and He has led me all over in places I never would have dreamed of and He is still leading me.
I keep going back to the last lines from the first reading for the 2nd Sunday of Advent: "Like a shepherd he feeds his flock; in his arms he gathers the lambs, carrying them in his bosom, and leading the ewes with care." Jesus is always the Good Shepherd who loves and cares for each of us. He is with us every step of the way.
Now, I should say that I have devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe; it began when I visited her shrine in Mexico when only sixteen. I think it was the faith of the Mexicans that most impressed me, but I realized that Our Lady is always a mother and cares for each of us and brings us to Jesus.
Tomorrow I shall write about the wonderful ceremony of Citizenship that I attended last Thursday just before getting a bad cold that really knocked me out for a few days.

No comments: