Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Ash Wednesday

This is a special day for we begin the season of Lent that leads us into Holy Week and the whole Pascal Mystery.
Some, if not, most Catholics, take Lenten resolutions that either consist in not doing something during Lent, or a positive one that promises to do something during Lent. The idea really is to spend this special season getting closer to Jesus and being with Him during Holy Week and then entering into His Joy on Easter Sunday when the Risen Christ begins to appear to others to console and strengthen them and us.
I am asking the Lord to show me what He wants me to do for Him during Lent. I know I am to slow down and I am thinking of the inner attitudes of Paul: his joy and inner peace; gratitude; and praise. These brought about a transformation in Paul and the Lord seems to be nudging me to concentrate on gratitude and praise this Lent. I see being grateful not just to the Lord, but to all and the same for praise. I need to learn how to both praise God and praise others. 
I found a book that I think will be helpful for some spiritual reading during Lent. It is one by Judy Cannato and the title is  Quantum Grace: Lenten Reflections on Creations and Connections. It takes the Sunday readings and has some questions for reflection and journaling so I think it will be helpful. 

No comments: