Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2019

Psalm 100 expresses my mood

Of course, I must admit that Psalm 23 is my favorite but right now I am saying Psalm 100 and am copying it from the New American Bible for you to say also as it is uplifting in the midst of all the bad news we read about in all parts of our world.

"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all you lands,
serve the Lord with gladness,
come before him with joyful song.
Know that the Lord is God,
he made us, we belong to him,
we are his people, the flock he shepherds.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him, bless his name;
Good indeed is the Lord,
His mercy endures forever,
his faithfulness lasts through every generation."

I think I can say this Psalm from memory, but usually find myself inventing a few of the lines. It is worth reflecting on today.

No comments: