Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2019

Climbing a Mountain


Sometimes we think that we are being asked to climb an interior mountain that seems beyond our strength. It is impossible without God's help, but He is with us and asks only that we take one step at a time. I think this is good advice not only for our interior life, but our exterior life. As we grow older, many things seem beyond our strength. God walks with us and tells us to slow down, breathe deeply, walk one step at a time. I repeat here the little prayer we sing so often at the end of our reunions here at Oakwood; it is one that helps me so much and I often say it after Communion, during the day, and especially when I am awake at night.

"Breathing in, breathing out
I am calm; I am smiling.
You in me, I in You.
Present moment, wondrous moment,
Peace to the world, peace to the world."

No comments: