Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2019

Wonderful surprise gift of 2-day retreat


On Tuesday morning I had to move back into my newly painted room; then, at of the blue came a surprise. Our 101 year old had arranged to go to Villa Maria del Mar for a two-day retreat with two other Religious. She could not go as she is now back on oxygen so I was asked to go in her place as I am so at home there and the other two going had only been once years ago. We left at 12:30 on Tuesday and returned on Thursday around 2:30. It was such a gift for me and I really heard God say when I got there and was contemplating the ocean just one word: "Listen" so I had a delightful two days of listening to God. I did not worry about a thing. I had managed to change my senior student's visit to today, Friday, and asked someone to replace me for other duties such as the Third Grade readers, giving Communion at Mass to some who cannot walk up, setting tables, etc. Now I am home, in a room with clean white walls and it is so much lighter. I have a new TV on a shelf above my desk so perhaps I shall begin to watch some things on television. I am so grateful for everything. I am sorry that I could not write my blog ahead, but I did not have any idea that I would be given this great gift of a two-day retreat in my favorite place.

No comments: