Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Random Thoughts

The blue of the water beckons me. I love the smell of the sea and wish I could recall it now that the wet paint in the hall is making me feel that I need to leave.

I was struck when preparing for the Sacrament of Reconciliation by this line from Psalm 31: "I will rejoice and be glad in your mercy, once you have seen my misery..." When I was still a novice I had the realization that my misery attracts God's mercy and I think that was a grace that has helped me now for almost seventy years!
I always feel such a deep peace after receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation even when I find it hard to remember sins as we have our sins forgiven each day at Mass before receiving Holy Communion. However, some saints, including St. Madeleine Sophie could go to confession daily. 

I do not know how I got started on that, but I am thinking of how often we neglect the Sacraments. We could have the Sacrament of Healing more often here. I will suggest this.

No comments: