Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2022

God loves us first


 God has loved us even before we existed. He continues to love us and give us life. He has given us Himself in the Eucharist.

Henri Nouwan said that it took him a long time to realize that God loves us and we are just to let Him love us. Here is a quote from Henri:

"Now I wonder whether I have sufficiently realized that during all this time God has been trying to find me, to know me, and to love me. The question is not “How am I to find God?” but “How am I to let myself be found by him?” The question is not “How am I to know God?” but “How am I to let myself be known by God?” And, finally, the question is not “How am I to love God?” but “How am I to let myself be loved by God?” God is looking into the distance for me, trying to find me, and longing to bring me home.”

I firmly believe that Jesus goes around after Easter bringing consolation and joy to us in so many ways. Yes, the war is terrible, the plight of the refugees horrible, the scenes of destruction, the loss of human life, all heartbreaking, but still "God is in His heaven and all will be well, and all shall be well." That is how I quote Julian of Norwich.

No comments: