Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Last day of April


 I am having a wonderful weekend away and will write more about this next week. I am just feeling gratitude to God for all the beauty of creation. I am also conscious that we are not taking care of our world. This war is destroying more lives, more land that was growing food and helping to feed so many. I pray for an end of war in all parts of the world. I pray for refugees and hope we are going to stop the way we separate children at the border, how we are slow to admit those coming from Ukraine. There is much to pray for in our troubled world. And I am praying while also enjoying the spectacular scenes that make me feel close to God.

Here is a quote on prayer from Catherine deHueck Doherty:
"How can you define prayer, except by saying that it is love? It is love expressed in speech, and love expressed in silence. To put it another way, prayer is the meeting of two loves: the love of God and our love."

No comments: