Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

The Easter Season


 I think of the Easter Season as forty days in which the Risen Lord went around consoling his friends. I think the season closes with Ascension Thursday, but some now say it only ends with Pentecost when the Holy Spirit comes to enlighten and console us.

I found this bookmark prayer that I want to share today but have no idea who the author might be.

"O God, create in me a Still Point... where I might take refuge from the busyness of this world, where I might find the stillness just to be who I am in your Sacred Presence."

Next week, I am to have three days near the ocean and hope to be still and just rest in the presence of God. These days were a Christmas gift from my Spirituality Group, and they will come to pray with me the third day and bring me home.

No comments: