Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Tender, loving care


 We all need some Easter hugs. It has been a very different time for all of us, but now we are in the Easter season, and I firmly believe that Jesus goes around consoling each of us.

I had fun on Easter Monday. I had received a gift of a wonderful box of candy and asked permission to keep it until Easter and then to share it with whomever I found by walking around and visiting those who had not gone to the movie. I was happy to share with Oakwood residents, staff, and anyone I found on my rounds. I will share with Westwood tonight and think I still will have some left for our housekeepers as I did not meet any on my rounds. As you can tell, I am writing this on Easter Monday afternoon, but posting only on Thursday. Sorry if I am confusing you but I did want to share this.

As I went on my rounds on Easter Monday, I began to have ideas that might help some who were in their rooms but seemed so glad to have someone come to see them. I usually do not visit, but did before Covid, but I always have plenty to do and forget that others no longer use computers or get email, etc. Now that we can go without masks, I will suggest a few things to our Life Enrichment director who has planned a movie for every weekday morning and afternoons on the weekend. The problem is that some do not want to go to the movies. There are many activities, but I think some are needed for those who just enjoy a visit. 


No comments: