Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Three days for a mini retreat


 When you read this, I shall be in Santa Cruz for a blessed three days on the ocean in the retreathouse of the Sisters of the Holy Name. It is a favorite spot and one that I have been returning to now for over thirty years. I still remember how it was subsidized for Sisters and it was only $25 a day and that included three meals as well as a comfortable room. Most of those years I have had an ocean view from my room. Actually, I have probably lived in at least a dozen different rooms. Now, I always ask for the room on the East that has a double bed and a desk at the window. I have had that room several times and find it helps me to pray. I also spend time in the small meditation room that overlooks the ocean at the western corner of the second floor. 

Please pray for me during these days when I just want to be with the Lord.

No comments: