Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Spy Wednesday


 Today we have Matthew's Gospel: 26:14-25 where Judas Iscariot went to the chief priests and agreed to hand Jesus over for thirty pieces of silver. When eating the Passover meal with the Twelve, Jesus tells them that one of them will betray him. They are deeply distressed at this, but finally Judas "his betrayer, said in reply, "Surely it is not I, Rabbi? He answered, 'You have said so.'"

The Responsorial Psalm is from Psalm 69 and I quote just a few lines:

Lord, in your great love, answer me is the response.

"For your sake I bear insult, and shame covers my face... 

Insult has broken my heart, and I am weak,

I looked for sympathy, but there was none;

for consolers, not one could I find...."

Let us try to console Jesus this week by our love.

No comments: