Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday of Divine Mercy


 On this Second Sunday after Easter, we have Jesus returning to be with his apostles and now Thomas is also present. Jesus knew that Thomas had said, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands and put my finger into his side, I will not believe."

Now, a week later, Jesus came again, although the doors were still locked. He said to them, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe. Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God."

Then Jesus says that "blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." That is very consoling. I am blessed because I believe even if I have not seen. And, because of Thomas, I know that Jesus had kept the marks where the nails were in his hands and that his side is open for us to enter into his heart.

No comments: