Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Praying near the ocean


 Since I am just spending time with Jesus, I thought I would be with Him when he prepares breakfast for his disciples. They have fished all night and caught nothing, but Jesus rewards them with a huge catch of fish. But before this, Jesus and I have been working to prepare a fire and broil some fish ahead to feed his hungry friends. We have been on the shore waiting for the sun to rise so Jesus could call out to them. Of course, John is the first to recognize that it is Jesus on the shore and He has made the nets full of fish, but it is Peter who leaps from the boat to reach Jesus first. I am just sitting and observing how this group of friends acts with the Risen Jesus. I know that I feel more comfortable in His Presence.

I watch and listen and hear Jesus ask Peter if he loves him. He asks him three times! Of course, he is letting Peter make up for his denials when Peter was so afraid, but perhaps Jesus also is asking me to profess my love for Him. 

No comments: