Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2022

Do not give up


 Again, I am inspired by a quote from Mother Stuart to think about how easily I give up sometimes, but on the whole I think I have had great staying power given to me by the Holy Spirit and by my rather strenuous formation in the Society of the Sacred Heart. Here is the quote that seems to be a call to all of us today:

"Do not give up any high aspiration, aim at the very highest and the best, but understanding that to get thise is a life's work, not the work of a day, so never let failure cast down or disappoint you, but always begin again with great courage and especially great confidence."

I hear Father Varin saying to Madeleine Sophie, "Courage and confidence!"

Am I always aiming at the highest and the best today?

No comments: