Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

We pray for rain


 A dear friend sent me a card with "A Caring, Cheerful Thought" on the back. It is from Someone Cares and is a Guidepost card so I am not copying more than a tiny bit. It is about a really rainy day when all had to stay in and suddenly a neighbor appears with a picnic. Now, I think that is a great idea and I quote: "There is nothing better than a picnic on a rainy day." This neighbor had brough jars of jam and peanut butter, fresh wheat bread, hard boiled eggs, grapes and brownies still warm from the oven. I think that all mothers should begin to think about picnics on rainy days, and I think age has nothing to do with a love of an indoor picnic. I might just pass this idea on to our chef, if and when we finally have some rain!

Please join me in praying for lots of rain and snow for California. We really need it and I am afraid that the beautiful trees here will not live without more rain this year. 

Now for a spiritual thought that I got from another fried and have sort of condensed and tried to make it something that may be helpful - I am trying it out myself. However, it will need to wait until tomorrow.



No comments: