Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

How is our zeal?


 Another quote from Mother Stuart has me thinking about my own zeal. The name given to my Profession group is "Apostolic Courage" and there are few of us still alive but we are all conscious of the call given us to be women of apostolic courage. Now, I connect that with zeal for souls - zeal for God and for whatever God calls us to do. I am not sure that I can claim the zeal that Mother Stuart describes in this quote:

"Real zeal is courageous and invulnerable, because unselfish and self-forgetting. It can be put to any kind of work; it is indefatigable and never says 'too much'; it is persevering; it never gives in."

Something to examine myself on during these days when I procrastinate, just sit in my chair, and am lazy.

No comments: