Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Joy is the song of the spirit ...


 Mother Stuart said that "Joy is the song or psalm of the spirit under the pressure of happiness, and to give God the fullest and best service possible, we must train our spirit to sing that psalm continually."

I like that quote and I also read last week an article about how our mission is not just to go out to others, but to realize that it begins in our own communities. No matter who you live with nor how many, we need to give God's love to each, beginning with those with whom we live! It has made me realize that I often do not stop to say a little word to someone who would love to have me stop and greet her, or I forget to say thank you to a server in the dining room, or.....there are endless opportunities here to reach out to others and I miss many.  

No comments: