Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Hurricane "Sandy"

Miami has been so fortunate for five years now and have not had serious damage from hurricanes. However, the threat is always present and the hurricane season does not end until the end of November. I feel for the poor countries who are in the path of so many hurricanes. Haiti is one of the places where not only lives are lost but people are left without shelter and so many are without food and water. We are having a rainy, windy day and many schools are closed but the fear is further north as "Sandy" seems to be an unpredictable storm.
In the meantime, I am home and save and wanting to stay here.
I was thinking again this morning how grateful I am for my many friends and wondering if I pray enough for all the people God has put into my life. I find that relationships continue to grow in importance as I grow older; I look around me and see that many of my friends have gone to God. It is a day to reflect on how prepared I am to die.
What might I want to do today if I knew death was near?
In the meantime, let us pray for all who are suffering from Hurricane Sandy!

No comments: