Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

This was such a fun day when I was a child. I am not sure that I realized it was important as the eve of the Feast of All Saints but we did have a holy day so we went to Mass and not to school. Now, a Holy Day of Obligation seldom is celebrated during the week and when it is, schools arrange for Mass but no holiday. However, my memories of Halloween are all good and lasted until I entered. I cannot remember doing anything for Halloween as a novice.
What are my best memories? The Halloween parties. I do remember going out to gather candy but most of the fun was in being with my friends.
Now the eve of all saints is a remembering of so many of my family and friends who are now enjoying God as saints, happy for all eternity but still interested in our well being. I celebrate all the saints, but especially those closest to me.

No comments: