Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Advent Prayer

I saw this in the Church Bulletin and thought I would pass it on today:

Advent Daily Prayer

God of eternal mercy and love,
I lift my heart in prayer to you
Throughout these Advent days.

Grant me patience
As I prepare the way
For the Christ's coming.

Inspire me with hope
To await eagerly
The return of Christ in glory.

Fill me with joy
To cry out with the whole Church
Maranatha! Come, Lord Jesus!

You can change it around to suit you - for instance, you may want to pray for something more than patience ( grant me Lord generosity, or grant that I may serve You with joy, or grant me humility, etc.)

I had an unexpected joy today; I sent an e-mail to a very dear friend in Chile with whom I really have not been in contact with at all but we worked closely together on the Mission Team that did on-going formation for the Province during the last five years I was in Chile. I was superior in the poorest region in the north the last part of my twenty years in Chile and Carmen was in the south so we mostly saw each other in our monthly meetings. I sent her a few lines inspired to ask that we pray for one another during this Advent. I received an immediate reply and she told me she had put up the letters pinned to the curtain in her room that said "Ven" or "Come" as a reminder for this Advent. I just felt that the years dropped away and we were still encouraging each other to deepen our love for Jesus.

No comments: