Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe; it is also the birthday of St. Madeleine Sophie who was born in 1779. I took the habit on this day in 1950 and then, after two years as a novice, made my vows to serve God in the Society of the Sacred Heart on December 15, 1952.
We had a lovely liturgy at the University today for all the faculty with a Christmas luncheon afterwards in the new gym.I was struck by the President's homily explaining that small miracles happen every day; we just need the faith to recognize these moments of grace.

I am reading the Third Part, really the third book, of Benedict XVI's "Jesus of Nazareth" and finding it quite helpful to understand more fully the Infancy Narratives of Luke and Matthew.

My energy seems to disappear in the late afternoon and I had no time to write this morning. I will just say that I am still looking for the joys of each day; one of them is that I can stop now and do nothing for at least a few minutes!

No comments: