Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

O King of all nations...come and save us...

On this last day of the Third Week of Advent we have the O Antiphon for December 22:

"O King of all nations and keystone of the Church; come and save man, whom you formed from the dust."

I was doing some Advent reading this morning and really we are to feel needy and humble as we get nearer to the coming of Jesus. Each year we have this beautiful season of Advent to prepare for Christmas. I am glad that I at least began well, but must say that this past week has been a very humbling one; I have not done what I should do and feel that I just wasted time without...the only thing I see good about my reflection is that I am humbled and hope today is better with the Lord's help.

I read this and thought it worth copying here:
"our faith lives are rooted in a constant quest to discover God in the unpredicted and unexpected. If we’re not experiencing that process, we really don’t have a lot to rejoice about."
I guess I am going to make more effort to really discover God at each moment of the day. He is so near!

I also feel a call to pray much for the Church - we all need to do this as some things really need to change.

No comments: