Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Canadian History

One of my community brought home some books about Canada. I am reading one that is "Canadian History for Dummies" and I am fascinated by the story of their beautiful and huge country. I think I will need to plan a trip to Canada next year without fail as I have been wanting to do this for so long. I have frequent flyer miles saved for it, but would love to take the train across Canada, especially after reading how the railroad was built.

For my spiritual reading, I am still with Ilia Delio's book on "Compassion" and think I will also suggest it for our next reflection group book as she has so much to reflect upon in every Chapter. I am finding that unless I really enter into the lives of others, I cannot have compassion. One needs to love as Jesus loves us.

No comments: