Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Feast of St. Francis de Sales

I have always loved this gentle saint. I suppose my having gone to school through sixth grade at the Visitation convent in St. Louis is where I learned to love him. I do not remember ever praying to him until many years later. I read his life and felt that here was a really understanding man who would help anyone spiritually. Here is a good quote to share with you:

If the heart wanders or is distracted, bring it back to the point quite gently and replace it tenderly in its Master's presence. And even if you did nothing during the whole of your hour but bring your heart back and place it again in Our Lord's presence, though it went away every time you brought it back, your hour would be very well employed.”
 St. Francis de Sales quote
True humility is to see yourself in the same way that God sees you; not any more and not any less.”

No comments: