Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Excerpts from Psalm 62 in Nan Merrill's Psalms for Praying:



For You alone my soul waits in silence;
From the Beloved comes my salvation.
Enfolding me with strength and steadfast love,
My faith shall remain firm….
In the Silence rests my freedom and my guidance, for
You are the Heart of my heart,
You speak to me in the Silence.

Trust in Love at all times, O people
Pour our your heart to the Beloved;
Let Silence be a refuge for you. …

Once You have spoken,
Twice have I heard;
Our potential gifts belong to You;
To You, O render to us all that we offer to You—
Fear begets fear,
Love begets love.
For You alone my soul waits in silence;
From the Beloved comes Life, Love and Light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful psalm of Consolation and Trust. Nan Merrill certainly makes the psalms come alive.
I stumbled on your website and read with pleasure and a sense of familiarity that you are an RSJC. I'm an alumna of Sacred Heart convent in Montreal, Quebec,Canada from long time ago. However once a Sacred Heart girl, always a Sacred Heart girl, right? I'm looking forward to further exploring your posts. B.I.