Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Feast of St. Philip and St. James

Today is a feast day when we celebrate two of the Apostles. At the noon Mass, we also had a huge procession of children (from pre-school age up maybe to sixth grade) all carrying flowers to put in the vases in front of the statue of Our Lady of Fatima that must be visiting the parish. She was in the center and was incensed before the Mass. Since many of the girls were dressed in long First Communion dresses with white veils, I think it was also First Communion Day for whatever group of children were there. They did not wear uniforms and many seemed to be there with parents and baby brothers and sisters. It was great to see all those children approach the altar with their flowers and I thought of how Jesus said, "Let the little children come unto me."  We also had exposition of the Blessed Sacrament so I am late writing my blog. I may also be missing a couple of days at the beginning of the week as we are having computer trouble. I have a laptop but in case you do not see my daily blog, please blame it on the computer!

No comments: