Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2013

One God, Three Persons

When discussing the Gospel I wondered why Jesus said "the Father is greater than I" and that led to a lively discussion of the Blessed Trinity. The Trinity is such a mystery that we can only try to imagine how the Three Persons in One God are in relationship with each other and with each of us! We can cultivate our own real relationship with each: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
I found developing a relationship with each was a great experience as a young Religious during the months I had at the Trinita in Rome. I was sacristan of Mater's chapel and cleaned it each day and while doing this consciously tried to develop my relationship with each person in the Trinity. The superior of the convent had suggested that we consecrate each Sunday to honoring the Blessed Trinity.

No comments: