Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Stillness is a gift

If we are still, we become so calm and we are transparent. As the trees are reflected in the quiet water of this lake, our soul reflects God when we let the mud settle. A friend just sent me this lovely poem by St. Francis:



  WHEN I RETURNED FROM ROME
                                 A
                         bird took flight.
          And a flower in a field whistled at me
                          as I passed.

                           I drank
             from a stream of clear water.
And at night the sky untied her hair and I fell asleep
                     clutching a tress
                           of God's


        When I returned from Rome, all said,
                "Tell us the great news,"


and with great excitement I did: "A flower in a field whistled,
           and at night the sky untied her hair and
                   I fell asleep clutching a
                       sacred tress... "

No comments: