Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2014

Hunger and Thirst



Here is an excerpt from Silvana's blog that I do not want you to miss:

But the hunger for prayer, the thirst for God, are definitely beatitudes, because they impel us to slow down, to reflect, to choose prolonged prayer, spiritual reading, to opt for stillness and time with God instead of more activity. And the hunger for the things of God also means to hunger for authenticity, congruence and the things which enable and increase God's life in us, and our growth into becoming the people God created and longs for us to be.

And a congregation of women who feel a deep longing, yearning need for God is definitely blessed! However busy we may become, however many other possibilities present themselves, may we always, as our Superior General wrote recently, desire to renew the depth of our call to be women of God's heart...

We are all praying over the letter from our Superior General who speaks of the hunger and thirst that each Religious of the Sacred Heart has - I was delighted when she spoke of our thirst and hunger for spiritual conversation and it took me back to some of the great spiritual friends I have had in the Society; these were friends that I could share my deepest ideals, thoughts, aspirations with as well as the weaknesses I found in my own life trying to live united to Jesus. I am grateful that I had several of these good spiritual friends!

No comments: