Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2016

Encourage Joy


I think it is so important to encourage joy, to share our joy in  knowing that we are loved by God.
How do I encourage joy? I love to laugh with others, even to laugh with Jesus. But I think my laughter is contagious and is one way to encourage joy. Jesus laughs at me and makes me laugh. It is good to laugh and laughter does encourage joy.

Think happy thoughts. When I was a child and upset about something, one of the nuns said to me, "What difference will this make in five years?" I do not remember what I was upset about but I realized it would not bother me even next week and it was such a trifle that I certainly should not lose joy over it. I think that has helped me to encourage joy in many who have come to me with problems about schedules, teachers, assignments, slights, some misunderstandings among classmates, hurt feelings, etc. I know that joy is  too precious a gift to let anything take it from us

God wants us to be joyful and to share our joy and happiness with others.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

 

No comments: