Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Feel Joy






"Remember the feeling as a child when you woke up and morning smiled? It's time you felt like that again." Taj Mahal

I sometimes feel such joy driving alone on the highway that I break into song or pray in tongues. I would only do these two things when alone, but joy overflows and I need to let it out in some way. At other times I feel joy by feeling overwhelmed with gratitude; I feel joy, also, when someone does an unexpected kindness for me or for others. I feel joy when I watch a parent loving a small child. I feel joy when I am near the ocean as God is so present to me when I look at the ocean. (And I live in Miami and seldom go to the ocean!) I feel joy when I am sitting quietly in prayer, especially when I am in front of the Blessed Sacrament. The Sacrament of Reconciliation also gives me joy that often lasts with a quiet peacefulness for several days.

How do you feel joy?


O satisfy us with Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning [now, before we are older], that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14

 

No comments: