Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Receive Joy




Is receiving joy harder than giving joy for you?


When I was making the guided imagery retreat we had a special "morning paper" at our places at breakfast which usually just gave us an image, a few quotes on the theme of the day and a poem or very brief reading. One morning it was the Poem by Joyce Rupp called "The Seeker" and the last stanza caught my attention and I copied it into my journal and will share it here:

"Bring me to full attention,
So that I may come to know,
In my every moment,
Your radiant star of guidance."

I thought of it today as one way I receive joy and welcome joy!

From a calendar: "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year."  I am trying to get this mentality and it is a way to receive joy. The same way as thinking: "I have all the time there is; no one has more than 24 hours in a day! That helps me often as I think when I feel hurried I might also be feeling less joyful.

No comments: