Search This Blog

Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Year!




It is leap year and we are going into the third week of Lent. It is time to remember what we thought to do for the Lord this Lent and to renew our resolutions.

This picture is from Chile and brings back so many memories of my arrival there fifty-six years ago on Valentine's Day. I just received the notes several send each year after the Province retreat and assembly/Chapter. I was thinking that the prayer of memories is so easy and makes me feel so grateful now for all the graces given in those twenty years. I mostly remember the good times, but being head of the school was not easy for me. I loved the formation work I did and the directed retreats I gave. Being superior in a community in Coquimbo, the poorest region in the north of Chile, was a special grace. May the strength of the Lord be with us all as we live the last half of Lent. We just want to stay with the Lord!

No comments: