Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Peace



Every once and a while, I do remind my readers to look at the Concord Pastor's Blog which is listed here on the side of my blog. I am taking the liberty to quote a small part of his lovely reflection on peace - this is just the last part so I hope you read all of it as we all need to foster peace within ourselves and in our world.

That peace was very quiet,
as gifts from you are wont to be...

That peace was very gentle
settling deep within my soul...

That peace was gift
from you to me:
no one else has peace to give
to rival the serenity
you planted in my soul...

Your peace did not calm all my fears
nor resolve all my troubles -
but rather taught me, wisely so, this lesson:
   No harm or hurt of mine is more
      than what your peace can bring me;
   no damage and no danger lurk
      that your peace can't contain,
   no peace is mine until I empty out
      and offer all that's not at peace
      with you and with my neighbor
      - and even with my self...

I want to thank you
for the peace I found yesterday, Lord:
the peace you gave,
the peace I found, 
the peace I received,
the peace I shared,
the peace that comes from only you...

Give me that peace, Lord,
for without it 
I will never be happy again... 

Amen.

I especially want to concentrate on these lines today:
no peace is mine until I empty out      and offer all that's not at peace
      with you and with my neighbor
      - and even with my self...
Peace is such a gift. Let us ask it for all those who are suffering today.

No comments: