Search This Blog

Friday, September 8, 2017

Where two or three are gathered together in my name...


I meant to schedule this for Sunday but hit publish before I had done so. Maybe I will write another for Sunday.

The Gospel for this Sunday (Matthew 18:15-20) ends with these consoling words: "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

I have my first Bible group of the year; I know Jesus will be there, in the midst of us. We are so blessed. However, I cannot only look at the last lines of today's Gospel. Most of the verses before are telling us how important it is to be reconciled with our brothers and sisters. It is after that we hear Jesus say: 
"if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father." Now that is certainly an invitation to prayer with others. 

We have a prayer board outside the Chapel and we really do read the intentions posted and pray for whatever is needed. I think our prayers are powerful because we do agree and believe that the Father hears and answers us.

No comments: