Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Feast of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque



As I went to the Academy of the Visitation in St. Louis until I was in seventh grade, I grew up with the story of St. Margaret Mary and her visions of the Sacred Heart. I had devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus before I made my First Communion at the age of six. We knew how much the Heart of Jesus loved each of us. We also knew that so many were indifferent to His Love. Later, in the novitiate of the Society of the Sacred Heart, I discovered that I was to help console Jesus by my love and that His Heart was always open for me to descend into the depths as "the solitude of His Heart is a crushing reality." 
Margaret Mary influenced Madeleine Sophie's devotion to the Sacred Heart and the Society of the Sacred Heart has always kept the devotion to the First Friday of each month and we renew our vows on the Feast of the Sacred Heart each year.

No comments: