Search This Blog

Friday, May 15, 2020

Butterflies enjoying the Spring flowers



There is something so invigorating about May in California. Even if we can only take walks inside the school property and in our own patios, there is so much to see and I am so ignorant about the names of many of our flowers and trees. I just enjoy them!

Make a decision to love - that is what all of us must do. Jesus has told us to love one another. I am reading "Dorothy Day The World Will Be Saved by Beauty: An Intimate portrait of my grandmother" by Kate Hennessy. Dorothy had the gift to love others but she also needed time away to stay sane. I resonate with her love of the ocean and its healing power to give deep peace.

One of the teachers in the school has sent me pictures of the ocean near her home and of her two young boys on their bikes with the ocean behind them. I look forward to the end of this sheltering in place in order to go to the ocean. I am scheduled to make the Guided Imagery retreat at Villa Maria del Mar  August 4-10 and pray that this is possible. I did not get to make it in January because I had pneumonia. August is a wonderful time to be on the ocean.

No comments: