Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

The Eight Pillars of Joy


This picture was taken at Lake Tahoe and my Senior student of two years ago is in the canoe. I think pictures of water give me joy so now to tell you about the Eight Pillars of Joy in The Book of Joy:

1. Perspective: There are many different angles.
2. Humility: I tried to look humble and modest
3. Humor: Laughter, Joking is much better
4. Acceptance: The only place where change can begin
5. Forgiveness: Freeing ourselves from the past
6. Gratitude: I am fortunate to be alive
7. Compassion: Something we want to become
8. Generosity: We are filled with joy

These are taken up one by one in the third section of the book and I have not reached it yet.
I am also busy preparing for the Feast of Pentecost which is May 31 this year and that happens also to be my 89th birthday so I need to pray much to the Holy Spirit to prepare me for a new year of life.

No comments: