Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2020

Feast of the Guardian Angels

 Today is First Friday and also the Feast of our Guardian Angels. 

I think the first verses of Psalm 138 is very appropriate for prayer today:

"I thank you, Lord, with all my heart;

you have heard the words of my mouth.

In the presence of the angels I praise you.

I bow down toward your holy temple.

I give thanks to your name

for you have exalted over all

your name and your promise.

On the day I called, you answered me;

you increased the strength of my soul."

I continue to find the Psalms helpful for prayer; they used to be but I somehow stopped using them and it is so good to find that they can help me to express what I want to say. Today I am staying with just the line, "In the presence of the angels I praise you."

I made an order of day for myself but have not really followed it very well. I think I need to really use this time where I am confined to my room to pray and catch up on reading. I did pack a box with clothes and a pair of new shoes for the victims of the fires. I do not know where it will end up, but it was good to get it out of my room and I have dusted all the bookcases so I feel organized and very neat. Someone came and brought me a pitcher of water for which I am most grateful. It seems that some of the sisters here are having a difficult time remembering that they are to stay in their rooms. 



No comments: